- NEWS ALERT!! Obama is lifting the 50 year Cuban Embargo. It still has to pass through Congress, but moving forward to offer resources to Cubans on the Island. So many mixed emotions on this for us and so many. What are your thoughts and WISH for #Cuba?
- We LOVE to ship our #NicolitaSwimwear off with a little note to their new home. It's nice to know that they will stay warm on their next Adventure! Did you know that we've been writing ️these personalized postcards since 2004? Sending Little Nicolita LOVE ️Por Avion Besitos = Kisses in Spanish How are you going to beat the Holiday ️Chill?
- Back to Work! Holiday Weekend was great. 2015 bikinis are on their way! Did you know that a Nicolita Bikini passes through 12 different pairs of hands and 20 different operations before it arrives to your doorsteps or in a Boutique? Here's our Process in Nutshell: 1) Design 2)Sample 3)Fitting 4)Photoshoot 5)Fashion Show 6)Tradeshow 7)Create a Cutting Ticket 8)Calculate Production Materials 9)Cut Production 10)Bundle for Sewing 11)Single Needle 12)Overlock 13)Elastic 14)Cover-stitch 15)Trimming 16)Tag&Bag 17) Pick Order Tickets 18) Create shipping labels 19)Handwrite a Personal Nicolita Postcard AND 20) Sealed with a Besito for FedEx. It's a lot of work to get these beauties out the door, but we love every second of it! #BikiniProduction #WeekendInHavana #NicolitaSwimwear
- | V A R A D E R O B E A C H, C U B A | if you are going to get TANLINES at one beach while in Cuba, it has to be Varadero Beach. This peninsula is 12 miles long and only .7 miles wide of gorgeous crystal clear turquoise waters. In between our photo shoots we love to get some R&R relaxing here. TAG A Bestie that needs a vacation!
- SHAKE what your mother gave Ya! Turn heads with the #RumbaRuffles spaghetti tie bikini. The Ruffles collection was inspired by RUMBA & SALSA dancing. When you are swaying your HIPS from SIDE 2 SIDE, the ruffles accentuate your dance moves & Booty. Available in 7 Tropical Colors. Link in Bio.
- 2012 Nicolita Model Search
- Customer Testimonials
- Havana Nights by Christina Milian for Nicolita
- Nicolita Model Search
- Viva Cuba
- 2006 Swimwear Collection
- 2009 Swimwear Collection
- 2011 Swimwear Collection
- 2012 Swimwear Collection
- 2013 Swimwear Collection
- 2015 Swimwear Collection
- Beauty Tips
- Christina Milian – Havana Nights
- Cuban American Documentary
- Model for Nicolita
- Nicole Di Rocco
- Nicolita Designer Swimwear
- Nicolita in the News
- Nicolita Swimwear Instagram
- Swimwear for your figure
- Vintage Inspiration
Tag Archives: Cuba
Before I started Nicolita in 2003, I was on a personal quest to learn what Cuba was like when my parents were living there. Because we were not allowed to visit Cuba before 2009 legally, it became a burning desire … Continue reading
Patrick Oppmann is CNN’s correspondent based in Cuba and a barbecue enthusiast. Cubans may live surrounded by water but the food that incites the most passion and culinary debate does not swim or slither. That honor is reserved for puerco … Continue reading
I came across a couple interesting books this past weekend at the library about current artist in Cuba. Art Cuba highlighted the New Generation of artist from all over the island using different mediums. Everything from traditional painters and sculptures … Continue reading
Contour gowns. Wayfarer sunglasses. Cars with fins. In the late 50′s, Miami Beach was at the forefront of fashion. Take a trip through the impeccable and seductive styles of Magic City. Magic City Premieres on April 6 on STARZ www.starz.com/magiccity
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 25 minutes Yield: 8-12 servings A delicious tropical fruit punch for the kids. INGREDIENTS: Syrup 1 cup water 1/4 cup honey 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 4 whole cloves … Continue reading
Mariquitas – Plantain Chips Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 20 minutes Yield: 4 servings Some of the best plantain chips are prepared fresh and served hot at walk-up windows and cafes. Make them fresh at … Continue reading
Here are some great looks from Nicolita’s 2012 Collection Fashion Show at the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in Miami. You’ll see shots of your favorite swim suits from the Rumba Ruffles, Senorita Solids, Cuban Sunset, and Club Nautico Collections. Rumba … Continue reading
HUGE WEEKEND AHEAD – CHECK OUT OUR BLOG POST!! Friday: Campus Tour Kicks off at Miami Dade College. Saturday: Join us for some Beats & Bikinis: Gózalo con Suénalo with Suénalo and Nicolita Swimwear at PAX. Sunday: Support our … Continue reading
WHAT: CUBA: Life After The Revolution (A Photo Exhibit by Eric Berry) WHERE: Papillion Institute of Art – 1835 South Main Street, Los Angeles, CA 90015 WHEN: 7:00pm – 10:00pm COST: FREE! AMBIANCE: Live music provided by OSTIA
The picture above was taken on December 23, 1962. We see a young man, head shaven, skinny and weak, embracing his parents with all his strength. He was a stern, proud man, and tears weren’t usually part of his repertoire. … Continue reading
UCSD Phi Lambda Rho Screening and Q & A with Nicolita was held on November 10th on campus. The presentation started with a brief history on Cuba and what happened in 1959.
Known for its focus on conservative sexy and curve-conscious styles, combined with a blend of a vintage glamour and modern silhouettes, Nicolita Swimwear is set to heat things up on October 17th for Style Fashion Week’s opening night. Continue reading
Pastport Cuba Documentary: Dad’s House from L.A. Gonzalez on Vimeo. Visiting my dad’s house was one of the things that I really wanted to do first when we arrived to Cuba. This house was so special because of all of … Continue reading
I just wanted to share this awesome blog post that Lisa Marie Reyes, author of Adventures of a New York Gypsy wrote about Nicolita. We love to hear from our fans! As many of you know, I have a ginormous … Continue reading
The history of the Guayabere garment is disputed, as various claims for the distinctive style have been made in several Latin America countries as well as the Philippines. In fact, every country that has produced its own version of the … Continue reading
La Descarga, LA’s first rum bar unloads its mystery, and lusty scent as you slowly descend into its clutches. Continue reading
Sit back, relax and get to know some Cuban history. It’s in English and Spanish!
Get your popcorn popped, your snuggies ready, and your bags packed (with your favorite Nicolita bikini of-course), to be transported to Havana in 1941. Last night I took my trip to Havana 1941 via ‘Weekend in Havana’. I had so … Continue reading
SIDES Black Beans and White Rice 1 pound dried black beans 4 cups of water 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped ¼ pound salt pork, chopped 1 pound smoked ham hocks, cut in … Continue reading